Title: Worship Pastor/Leader
Reports To: Downtown Campus Pastor & Lead Worship Pastor
Job Purpose: To glorify God by providing leadership and excellence in programming and presentation that leads people into genuine, engaging worship; and to develop a Worship Arts community that is producing fully-devoted followers of Christ. This person leads the Worship Team at the Downtown campus and works closely with the Lead Worship Pastor and Downtown Campus Pastor in worship service development and implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Leads the Worship and Tech Teams for the Downtown Campus.
● Leads in worship at weekly services through singing and/or playing an instrument.
● Leads weekly Worship Team rehearsals and run-throughs at Downtown Campus.
● Creatively collaborates with the Lead Pastor, Campus Pastor, Lead Worship Pastor and other Worship Leaders on worship elements, service flow, set design and lighting features.
● Collaborates in the development and implementation of special events (Easter, Mother’s Day, Memorial Day, Father’s Day, Fall Campaign, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Eve).
● Maintains schedule of band, vocal, and tech volunteers for Downtown Campus services.
● Researches new and trending songs for worship or as stand alone presentation songs.
● Recruits and auditions potential volunteers while training and developing new leaders at
● Works with the Downtown Campus Pastor on stage upkeep.
● Participates in pastoral care for band, vocal, and tech volunteers at Downtown Campus.
● Assess and manage budgets for Downtown Campus Worship and Tech ministries.
● Assist the Campus Pastor to meet the needs of the campus.
● Musical knowledge and talent with strong vocal lead and guitar or keyboard proficiency.
● The ability to hear vocal parts and direct others to learn their harmonies.
● A working knowledge of audio and technical equipment and procedure.
● Comfort communicating on the platform, in groups and one-on-one.
● The ability to show genuine concern and establish effective working relationships with all levels of people.
● Must possess solid time management skills and organizational abilities. The ability to coordinate several activities at once and to quickly analyze and resolve specific problems.
● The ability to work efficiently and effectively in team situations, and work independently.
● Personal dress and appearance should be appropriate for our church culture.
● Should be creative, have a passion for people, strive for excellence, be high energy, hard working and have the ability to motivate others.
● Be detail oriented, flexible and decisive with the ability to organize and coordinate work, set priorities and meet deadlines.
● Knowledge and experience with PCO, ProPresenter, Ableton, Vista or equivalent.
● A heart to serve people over simply performing on a platform.
● A growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
● A cooperative team spirit and an attitude of genuine caring for others.
● A cheerful, organized and friendly demeanor with all people that have needs at the church.
● Critical thinking abilities and exhibits a “whatever it takes” attitude.
● A positive attitude at all times and poise under pressure.
● Unquestioned integrity and a reputation for sound judgment and decision-making ability.
● Willing to study and improve in areas of knowledge and skill which need strengthening.
● Become familiar with CROSSROADS’ theology, philosophy and history.
● CROSSROADS membership is required.
● Personal discretion concerning information of church life and ministry shared in the normal flow of staff relations.
● Maintain open and offense-free relationships with the pastoral and ministry staff.
● Maintain health and physical fitness.