Reports To: Strategic Alignment Executive
Job Purpose: The Filmmaker will work under the direction and leadership of the Strategic Alignment Executive and will work to create and implement dynamic and creative digital media content for various ministries, worship services and online platforms. This position is responsible for visual storytelling through video from pre- to post- production and will play a vital role in the digital media presence of Crossroads Church.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create digital media content to engage for use on the church website, social media and other digital platforms, worship services, and various ministries
- Produce high quality and engaging video highlighting and telling the stories of Crossroads
- Produce video ads for church events
- Capture spontaneous video at gatherings and events
- Responsible for filming various studio content (announcement videos, baptism videos, etc.)
- Assist in script writing on various video projects
- Responsible for the digital experience and content delivery to various digital platforms
- Video editing of weekly services, messages, and worship moments
- Handle all content delivery of digital media to various online platforms and physical locations
- Strengthen digital experience for online video platforms such as YouTube and Church App
- Create compelling and engaging thumbnails for digital media content
- Assist in the continuing education of creative interns and production personnel
- Supervise and train interns and volunteers in aspects of video editing and production
- Collaborate with production personnel on volunteer training strategy
- Review and analyze weekly Sunday worship footage for areas of improvement
- Lead training of various production personnel as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Video and photographic design skills that tell a visually compelling story
- Able to leverage appropriate video platforms to use in telling our story
- Effectively communicate and relate across generational age groups
- Adaptive and innovative within the changing landscape of social media and changing technology
- Strong leadership skills to supervise interns and train various production volunteers
- Ability to work in a fast paced and detail-oriented environment
- Strong time management skills
- Enjoy both creative and routine work
- Enjoy and thrive in a collaborative team environment
- Whatever it takes attitude and work ethic
- A growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Critical thinking abilities.
- A cooperative team spirit and an attitude of genuine caring for all church personnel, members, volunteers and others who associate with Crossroads.
- A genuinely cheerful, organized and friendly demeanor with all people that have needs at the church.
- A positive attitude at all times and poise under pressure.
- A reputation for sound judgment and decision-making ability.
- Unquestioned integrity.
- Willing to study and improve in areas of knowledge and skill which need strengthening.
- A servant’s heart regarding the job description.
- Become familiar with Crossroads’ theology, philosophy and history.
- Crossroads membership is required.
- Commitment to personal loyalty to the Lead Pastor, each member of the Pastoral and Administrative Staff, and Ministry Leaders.
- Personal discretion concerning information of Church life and ministry shared in the normal flow of staff relations.
- Maintain open and offense-free relationships with the vocational and Pastoral staff.
- Maintain health and physical fitness