Facilities Team Member (Odessa Campus)
It is the responsibility of the Facilities Team to ensure that the facilities are cleaned and sanitized in a condition of operating excellence, cleanliness, and safety. The Facilities Team must show attention to detail, be observant, work independently, be a self-starter and foster an environment of teamwork. The Facilities Team must relate well to other church staff, and carry out these functions in a helpful and cheerful manner to all who enter or contact the Church, while meeting the needs of staff, guests, volunteers, and congregants.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining clean church facilities by performing weekly duties and daily cleaning such as vacuuming, sweeping, scrubbing floors, sanitizing and wipe down surfaces and tables, emptying trash receptacles throughout the building, and restocking items, such as toilet paper, paper towels, and other supplies in all public areas of the building, including bathrooms, auditoriums, chapel, kitchens, meeting rooms, and children/student areas.
- Working with other team members to ensure that all interior and exterior areas are cleaned and stocked with necessary items.
- Observing proper chemical handling procedures when working with cleaning agents, including wearing gloves, goggles, or masks and following written or verbal instructions.
- Respond to immediate cleaning requirements during their scheduled work shift.
- Reviews building usage forms and calendar of events to insure that meeting rooms and other facilities are set up, arranged properly, and cleaned for use of events.
- Assisting church members with event preparation and clean up; including unloading and loading vehicles
- Reporting all accidents and injuries
- Notify Supervisor of any equipment failures or areas in need of major repair.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Facilities Team Requirements
- Understanding of cleaning techniques and safety procedures.
- Ability to pass a background check and pre-employment drug screening.
- Flexibility to adjust their schedule to suit the needs of the church.
- Motivation to work independently or with others to provide thorough, efficient custodial services to the church with little or no supervision.
- Committed focus on teamwork and orderliness
- Good sense of time management
- Demonstrate a commitment to excellence in performing job functions
Facilities Team Physical Requirements:
- Spend the entire time at work standing, walking, lifting, operating medium weight cleaning equipment such as floor buffers; sweeping and mopping floors and moving furniture and emptying and carrying trash bags and other disposable materials to the outside receptacles, climbing ladders, stooping, crouching, kneeling and pushing.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs and to be able to manipulate chairs, tables and other furniture.