Title: Worship Pastor/Leader
Reports To: Campus Pastor
Job Purpose: To provide leadership and excellence in programming and presentation that leads people into genuine, engaging worship; and to develop a community that is producing fully devoted followers of Christ.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads the Worship Team for the specified campus
- Leads in worship for weekend services through singing and/or playing an instrument
- Leads weekly Worship Team rehearsals
- Creatively collaborates with staff across multiple campuses on set design, lighting features, worship elements, and service flow
- Collaborates with Weekend Experience in the development and implementation of possible worship events
- Researches new and trending songs to implement into worship or as presentation songs
- Interviews and assesses prospective worship volunteers
- Develops volunteer worship leaders
- Works with the Campus Pastor on stage upkeep and changes to systems and media
- Coordinates with Weekend Experience and Campus Pastor on maintenance and replacement of instruments, technology, and band gear
- Leads and empowers volunteers to program lights and sound board for weekend services and major events on Campus
- Maintains band, vocal, and production schedule for the specified Campus
- Participates in pastoral care for band, vocal, and production volunteers as well as congregation
- It would be nice if you could sing…on key
- Proficient at playing a band instrument
- Familiar with Ableton live or equivalent software
- ProPresenter experience
- Planning Center experience
- Organization skills
- A growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Critical thinking abilities.
- Familiarity with Church Community Builder (CCB)
- A cooperative team spirit and an attitude of genuine caring for all church personnel, members, volunteers and others who associate with CROSSROADS.
- A genuinely cheerful, organized and friendly demeanor with all people that have needs at the church.
- A positive attitude at all times and poise under pressure.
- Exhibit a “whatever it takes” attitude.
- A reputation for sound judgment and decision-making ability.
- Unquestioned integrity.
- Willing to study and improve in areas of knowledge and skill which need strengthening.
- A servant’s heart regarding the job description.
- Become familiar with CROSSROADS’ theology, philosophy and history.
- CROSSROADS membership is required.
- Commitment to personal loyalty to the Lead Pastor, each member of the Pastoral and Administrative Staff, and Ministry Leaders.
- Personal discretion concerning information of Church life and ministry shared in the normal flow of staff relations.
- Maintain open and offense-free relationships with the vocational and Pastoral staff.
- Maintain health and physical fitness