A: POSITION SUMMARY:
Responsible for developing and implementing an ongoing program of activities that promote the social, emotional, cognitive and physical development of each child enrolled.
B: RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Implement weekly plans and activities.
- Responsible for implementing of Texas licensing standards, policies and procedures, regulations and guidelines in the day-to-day operation of an early childhood development center including developmentally appropriate practices for a pre-school program.
- Responsible for assisting with the implementation of developmental, behavioral, and sensory screenings, according to mandated regulations and performance standards.
- Responsible for recording and record keeping of information required to document the growth and development of children.
- Attend any necessary in-service or staff meetings provided at the School.
- Review with staff the progress of each child.
- Help maintain facility in a safe and satisfactory condition.
- Provide day-to-day supervision and support to teacher assistants, teacher aides, substitutes and volunteers, which include sharing daily program plans and discussing goals for children.
- Work with classroom staff to plan and implement the daily program of activities based on principles of child development.
- Maintain a well-organized, safe, and attractive classroom environment conducive to the optimal growth and development of children.
- Develop a positive relationship with each child and promote the development of self-esteem and self-discipline.
- Observe each child daily to assess skills, interests and needs and use this information to facilitate learning and growth.
- Establish a positive relationship with each child’s family and share information about the child’s day at the School.
- Communicate with parents on a daily basis.
- Keep abreast of current knowledge in the field of Early Childhood Education.
- H.S. Diploma
- Ability to relate positively to young children, parents and staff.
- Strong working knowledge of Texas Licensing standards and regulations, including monitoring and evaluation.
- Demonstrate success in working as a member of a team.
- Effective and strong communication skills (orally and written).
- Demonstrate an ability to work successfully with community-based agencies and building partnerships.
- Demonstrated supervision skills.
- PHYSICAL CAPABILITIES:
- Be able to lift 25-30 lbs.
- Be able to walk, squat/kneel, sit on floor, see, hear, speak with children to ensure children’s health and safety.
EMPLOYEE SIGNATURE DATE
SUPERVISOR SIGNATURE DATE
6901 E HWY 191 Frontage
Odessa, Texas 79762
Tel: (432) 368-2517
Equal Opportunity Employer and Provider.