Title: Student Pastor
Reports to: Campus Pastor
Job Purpose: The purpose of the Student Pastor is to build the student ministry at the campus level that connects students and their families to a growing knowledge and relationship with Jesus. They will be responsible for developing engaging environments and student-led services to further accomplish our purpose of connecting students to Jesus Christ. They will also create an environment with our tech and media department that strives for excellence and helps the overall purpose of Crossroads.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and coordinate the student ministry at the campus level
- Develop adult leaders who will poor into the lives of students as small group leaders
- Oversee all planning and execution of student ministry events at the campus level
- Attend church services and church-wide activities
- Promote the student ministry to the church and the local community
- Build relationships with local schools and officials
- Coordinate with the Next Gen Pastor & Campus Pastor
- Help in series planning and event planning for global student events
- Create service opportunities for students
- Have a working knowledge of all media and tech equipment and procedures
- Train, develop, oversee, and coordinate all student media and tech volunteers
- Assist the Campus Pastor to meet the needs of the campus
- Assist the Campus Pastor and Team with campus / staff events
- Assist Campus Pastor and Team with campus specific projects
- Assess and manage budgets for assigned ministries
- A team player strong communication skills
- Desire to make an impact, but ready to grow in faith and leadership
- Humility to learn and grow as you lead others.
- Proficient in counseling
- Personnel management
- Vision casting
- Budget management
- Leadership development
- Process development and implementation
- Basic knowledge of ProPresenter, CCB, Ableton, PCO, Vista, or equivalent
- Passion for youth and families to grow in their faith
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving capability
- Ability to make sound, decisions under pressure
- Attention to detail and time-management skills
- A growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Critical thinking abilities.
- Familiarity with Church Community Builder (CCB)
- A cooperative team spirit and an attitude of genuine caring for all church personnel, members, volunteers and others who associate with CROSSROADS.
- A genuinely cheerful, organized and friendly demeanor with all people that have needs at the church.
- A positive attitude at all times and poise under pressure.
- Exhibit a “whatever it takes” attitude.
- A reputation for sound judgment and decision-making ability.
- Unquestioned integrity.
- Willing to study and improve in areas of knowledge and skill which need strengthening.
- A servant’s heart regarding the job description.
- Become familiar with CROSSROADS’ theology, philosophy and history.
- Commitment to personal loyalty to the Lead Pastor, each member of the Pastoral and Administrative Staff, and Ministry Leaders.
- Personal discretion concerning information of Church life and ministry shared in the normal flow of staff relations.
- Maintain open and offense-free relationships with the vocational and Pastoral staff.
- Maintain health and physical fitness
- CROSSROADS membership is required.