The purpose of the Student Pastor is to build the student ministry at the campus level that connects students to Christ and leads students to become fully devoted followers of Him. They will be responsible for developing engaging environments and student-led services to further accomplish our purpose of connecting students to Jesus Christ. They will also be purposed to create an environment with our tech and media department that strives for excellence and helps the overall purpose of CrossRoads.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and coordinate the student ministry at the campus level
- Develop adult leaders who will poor into the lives of students as small group leaders
- Oversee all planning and execution of student ministry events at the campus level
- Attend church services and church-wide activities
- Promote the student ministry to the church and the local community
- Develop relationships with area schools and officials
- Coordinate with the Next Gen Pastor
- Help in series planning and event planning for global student events
- Create service opportunities for students
- Have a working knowledge of all media and tech equipment and procedures
- Train, develop, oversee, and coordinate all student media and tech volunteers
- Assist the Campus Pastor to meet the needs of the campus
- Assess and manage budgets for assigned ministries
- Communication both publicly and one on one
- Proficient in counseling
- Personnel management
- Vision casting
- Budget management
- Leadership development
- Process development and implementation
- Basic knowledge of ProPresenter, CCB, Ableton, PCO, Vista, or equivalent
- A growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Critical thinking abilities.
- Familiarity with Church Community Builder (CCB)
- A cooperative team spirit and an attitude of genuine caring for all church personnel, members, volunteers and others who associate with CROSSROADS.
- A genuinely cheerful, organized and friendly demeanor with all people that have needs at the church.
- A positive attitude at all times and poise under pressure.
- Exhibit a “whatever it takes” attitude.
- A reputation for sound judgment and decision-making ability.
- Unquestioned integrity.
- Willing to study and improve in areas of knowledge and skill which need strengthening.
- A servant’s heart regarding the job description.
- Become familiar with CROSSROADS’ theology, philosophy and history.
- CROSSROADS membership is required.
- Commitment to personal loyalty to the Lead Pastor, each member of the Pastoral and Administrative Staff, and Ministry Leaders.
- Personal discretion concerning information of Church life and ministry shared in the normal flow of staff relations.
- Maintain open and offense-free relationships with the vocational and Pastoral staff.
- Maintain health and physical fitness