High School Student Pastor (Odessa Campus)
Title: High School Student Pastor
Purpose: The High School Student Pastor will be responsible for ensuring the student ministry is engaging students in our community most effectively through school visits, sporting events, and other creative outreach opportunities. They will also oversee the implementation of the strategy of the high school student ministry in the weekly programming, special events, and mission opportunities for the Odessa Campus. They will also assist in helping the student ministry as a whole.
The High School Student Pastor is a full-time position to assist the Odessa Campus Student Pastor in connecting students to Christ and helping them become fully devoted followers of Christ. They will establish a presence on school campuses, sporting events, and create other opportunities to better reach new students. They will help train, schedule, and equip leaders to execute weekly programming and other events. They will coordinate, plan, and direct outreach events. They will speak in the student ministry when scheduled and assist in all trainings and events of the student ministry.
The High School Student Pastor will report directly to the Odessa Student Pastor.
A personal relationship with Christ is essential, as well as spiritual gifts relevant to the position of ministry and a call from God to serve. Student Ministry experience is preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and coordinate the campus visits and school events for the High School
- Faithfully attend church services and church-wide activities.
Promote the Student Ministry to the church and local community.
- Plan, lead, and direct the weekly programing.
- Develop relationships with area schools and officials.
- Attend and participate in Student Ministry activities.
- Help recruit and equip adult leaders to minister to students.
- Lead in planning and implementing student ministry events.
- Help create ministries specific to parents and students.
- Assist in creating a mission strategy for the student ministry.
- Lead the follow-up plan for first-time guests.
- Assist in creating engaging environments for students.
- Work with other Crossroads ministries to accomplish the mission of Crossroads.
Other duties as assigned.
- A growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Proven ability and willingness to use skills in supporting the Ministerial staff and
the church’s total program.
- Maintain a cooperative team spirit and an attitude of genuine caring for all church
personnel, members, volunteers and others who associate with Crossroads.
- Maintain a positive attitude and poise under pressure.
- Exhibit a “whatever it takes” attitude.
- Willing to study and improve in areas of knowledge and skill which need
- Maintain a servant’s heart regarding the job description.
- Be familiar with Crossroads’ theology, philosophy and history.
- College degree is preferred.
- Personal dress and appearance should be appropriate to the business and ministry
of the church.
- Crossroads membership is required.
- Commitment of personal loyalty to the Senior Pastor, each of the Pastoral and
Administrative Staff, and Ministry Leaders.
- Personal discretion concerning information of church life and ministry shared in the
normal flow of staff relations.
- Maintain a positive spiritual attitude and personal walk with Jesus Christ.
- Maintain balance in family, life, and ministry.
- Maintain good grooming, modest dress, and a cooperative spirit.
- Maintain financial integrity in personal finances.
- Maintain open and offense-free relationship with the vocational staff.
- Maintain appropriate boundaries in working with the opposite sex in ministry.
- Remember, some behavior or conversations are not right or wrong, but would be
inappropriate for a minister to be involved.
- Maintain health and physical fitness.