Title: Facilities Custodian
Reports To: Campus Pastor
Job Purpose: It is the responsibility of the Church Custodian to ensure that the facilities are cleaned and sanitized in a condition of operating excellence, cleanliness, and safety. The Church Custodian must show attention to detail, be observant, work independently, be a self-starter and foster an environment of teamwork. The Church Custodian must relate well to other church staff, and carry out these functions in a helpful and cheerful manner to all who enter or contact the Church, while meeting the needs of staff, guests, volunteers, and congregants.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining clean church facilities by performing weekly duties and daily cleaning such as vacuuming, sweeping, scrubbing floors, sanitizing and wipe down surfaces and tables, emptying trash receptacles throughout the building, and restocking items, such as toilet paper, paper towels, and other supplies in all public areas of the building, including bathrooms, auditoriums, chapel, kitchens, meeting rooms, and children/student areas.
- Working with other team members to ensure that all interior and exterior areas are cleaned and stocked with necessary items.
- Observing proper chemical handling procedures when working with cleaning agents, including wearing gloves, goggles, or masks and following written or verbal instructions.
- Respond to immediate cleaning requirements during their scheduled work shift.
- Reviews building usage forms and calendar of events to insure that meeting rooms and other
- facilities are set up, arranged properly, and cleaned for use of events.
- Assisting church members with event preparation and clean up; including unloading and loading vehicles
- Reporting all accidents and injuries
- Notify the Supervisor of any equipment failures or areas in need of major repair.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Church Custodian Requirements:
- Understanding of cleaning techniques and safety procedures.
- Ability to pass a background check and pre-employment drug screening.
- Flexibility to adjust their schedule to suit the needs of the church.
- Motivation to work independently or with others to provide thorough, efficient custodial services to the church with little or no supervision.
- Committed focus on teamwork and orderliness
- Good sense of time management
- Demonstrate a commitment to excellence in performing job functions
Church Custodian Physical Requirements:
- Spend the entire time at work standing, walking, lifting, operating medium weight cleaning
equipment such as floor buffers; sweeping and mopping floors and moving furniture and
emptying and carrying trash bags and other disposable materials to the outside receptacles,
climbing ladders, stooping, crouching, kneeling and pushing.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs and to be able to manipulate chairs, tables and other furniture.
- A growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Critical thinking abilities.
- Familiarity with Church Community Builder (CCB)
- A cooperative team spirit and an attitude of genuine caring for all church personnel, members, volunteers and others who associate with CROSSROADS.
- A genuinely cheerful, organized and friendly demeanor with all people that have needs at the church.
- A positive attitude at all times and poise under pressure.
- Exhibit a “whatever it takes” attitude.
- A reputation for sound judgment and decision-making ability.
- Unquestioned integrity.
- Willing to study and improve in areas of knowledge and skill which need strengthening.
- A servant’s heart regarding the job description.
- Become familiar with CROSSROADS’ theology, philosophy and history.
- CROSSROADS membership is required.
- Commitment to personal loyalty to the Lead Pastor, each member of the Pastoral and Administrative Staff, and Ministry Leaders.
- Personal discretion concerning information of Church life and ministry shared in the normal flow of staff relations.
- Maintain open and offense-free relationships with the vocational and Pastoral staff.
- Maintain health and physical fitness