Children’s Pastor (West Odessa Campus)
Reports to: Campus Pastor, West Odessa
Position Summary: Manage overall function of birth- 5th-grade ministries. Train and develop leaders who will work with children to develop fully devoted followers of Christ.
Bachelor’s Degree in the area of Children’s Ministry, Education, or similar field or at least 2 years of successful experience in teaching or working with children. The candidate must possess administrative and organizational skills related to event programming and implementation. The candidate must possess management skills to lead effectively and utilize volunteers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and Coordinate CR Kids ministry (birth-5th), including, but not limited to: Sunday Morning, Summer Events, special events and programs
- Administer campus special events, You Lead, Club 252, Baby Dedication and childcare
- Assist in recruiting, training and developing leaders
- Invest in the personal growth and be accessible to leaders.
- Evaluate, maintain, and assist in developing policies and procedures for volunteers to ensure the safety of all children
- Help determine when classes need additional staffing.
- Plan and complete the promotion of all small groups to the next age/grade.
- Assist in interviewing, training, and placing small group leaders.
- Assist in contacting and reporting on 1st time visitors
- Lead a Club 252
- Ensure that Preschool/Nursery volunteers are trained and prepared for teaching
- Evaluate and maintain policies and procedures for volunteers to ensure the safety of all children
- Meet regularly with CR Kids (birth-5th) volunteers to address concerns, answer questions, plan effectively for ministry
- Contribute to the development, implementation, and expenditures of the operational budgets for Elementary and Preschool
- Ensure appropriate integration into overall ministries of Crossroads
- Participate as a member of the Pastoral Staff
- Invest in the spiritual growth of children, having salvation and baptism conversations
- Work all department special events and own certain parts of the event.
- Communicate and enforce all safety and evacuation policies.
- Attend regular staff meetings and retreats
- Be available to the staff, volunteers, and parents to address any questions or concerns
- Work with children’s ministry staff and volunteers to select/develop age-appropriate materials and curriculum
- Administer the work of the ministry by encouraging teamwork and mutual support and providing leadership and nurture to volunteers who serve in the ministry
- Maintain elementary class rosters
- Assist in maintaining drink stock for nursery, school, and elementary
- Schedule CR Kids (Birth-5th grade) volunteers in CCB
- Maintain updated volunteer information in CCB
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned by the Campus Pastor or Global Children’s Pastor
- Maintain current CPR/First Aid certification for adults, children and infants
- A growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- The ability to communicate and establish effective working relationships with all levels of people, conveying a genuine concern for their needs and desire to provide exceptional service is essential to this position
- Must possess solid time management skills and organizational abilities. The ability to coordinate several activities at once and to quickly analyze and resolve specific problems
- The ability to work efficiently and effectively in team situations, as well as work independently
- Maintain a cooperative team spirit and an attitude of genuine caring for all church personnel, members, volunteers, and other who associate with Crossroads
- Maintain a positive attitude and poise under pressure
- Exhibit a “whatever it takes” attitude
- Reputation for sound judgment and decision making ability
- Willing to study and improve in areas of knowledge and skills which need strengthening
- Maintain a servant’s heart regarding the job description
- Be familiar with CRF’s theology, philosophy, and history
- Personal dress and appearance should be appropriate to the business and ministry of the church
- Crossroads membership is required
- Commitment of personal loyalty to the Senior Pastor, each member of the Pastoral and Administrative Staff, Ministry Leaders
- Personal discretion concerning information of church life and ministry share into the normal flow of staff relations
- Should be creative, have a passion for children, be high energy, hard working, and have the ability to motivate others
- Be detail oriented, flexible and decisive with the ability to organize and coordinate work, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Maintain open and offense-free relationships with the vocational and Pastoral staff (inner personnel problem, solve it)
- Maintain appropriate boundaries in working with the opposite sex in ministry
- Maintain health and physical fitness