Children’s Admin Assistant
Reports to: Children’s Pastor
Job Purpose: The Children’s Ministry Assistant provides administrative support for the Children’s Pastor and the department. This role is vital in Connecting kids to God and others.Work with the Children’s Pastor providing administrative support and administering childcare, campus events, and Club 252.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide general administrative help including but not limited to: scheduling appointments and meetings, filling out forms, making copies, running errands, writing letters and other correspondence as requested.
- Follow up on administrative details that are decided in team meetings.
- Assist in maintaining Children’s Ministry office supplies and organization.
- Maintain records and reports in CCB for Odessa Campus Club 252.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Work all department special events and own certain parts of the event.
- Enter first time guest cards
- Print name badges for CR Kids Volunteers
- Maintain drink stock for nursery, school, and elementary
- Plan and complete the promotion of all small groups to the next age/grade.
- Coordinating Childcare: pay, scheduling, communication, etc.
- Submit building usage and facility request forms.
- Maintain Odessa Children’s task organization system
- Maintain Odessa CR Kids Calendar
- Administer the work of the ministry by encouraging teamwork and mutual support and providing leadership and nurture to volunteers who serve in the ministry
- Be available to the staff, volunteers, and parents to address any questions or concerns.
- Maintain current CPR/First Aid certification for adults, children and infants
- Any other duties assigned by Children’s Pastor
Desired Skills: High school diploma, Administration, Education, or similar field or at least 1 years of successful experience in working with children. The candidate must possess administrative abilities and organizational skills related to event program planning and implementation.
- A growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- The ability to communicate and establish effective working relationships with all levels of people, conveying a genuine concern for their needs and desire to provide exceptional service is essential to this position
- Must possess solid time management skills and organizational abilities. The ability to coordinate several activities at once and to quickly analyze and resolve specific problems
- The ability to work efficiently and effectively in team situations, as well as work independently
- Maintain a cooperative team spirit and an attitude of genuine caring for all church personnel, members, volunteers, and other who associate with Crossroads
- Maintain a positive attitude and poise under pressure
- Exhibit a “whatever it takes” attitude
- Reputation for sound judgement and decision-making ability
- Willing to study and improve in areas of knowledge and skills which need strengthening
- Maintain a servant’s heart regarding the job description
- Be familiar with CR’s theology, philosophy, and history
- Personal dress and appearance should be appropriate to the business and ministry of the church
- Crossroads membership is required
- Commitment of personal loyalty to the Senior Pastor, each member of the Pastoral and Administrative Staff, Ministry Leaders
- Personal discretion concerning information of church life and ministry share into the normal flow of staff relations
- Should be creative, have a passion for children, be high energy, hard-working, and have the ability to motivate others
- Be detail oriented, flexible and decisive with the ability to organize and coordinate work, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Maintain open and offense-free relationships with the vocational and Pastoral staff (inner personnel problem, solve it)
- Maintain appropriate boundaries in working with the opposite sex in ministry
- Maintain health and physical fitness